Automotive NVH Researcher
Test and simulation solutions for tire NVH
We are looking for a post-doc researcher to join the Simcenter Engineering Services RTD team in Leuven, Belgium. This a short-term contract for 36 months.
You will be responsible for definition and execution of research projects with internal and external partners in the NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) domain under supervision of the RTD manager.
Concretely, you will be coordinating and executing a research project on tire NVH, in which techniques will be developed to characterize rolling tire structural vibrational behavior in view of vehicle road noise performance. This involves development of advanced measurement techniques and test rigs to enable rolling tire characterization based on experimental data as well as capturing the transfer from a physical road input via the patch into the tire. In parallel, CAE simulation models of the tire will be developed to generate hybrid Test-CAE solutions for vehicle road noise performance.
The Simulation and Test Solutions (STS) segment of Siemens Digital Industries Software is responsible for the Simcenter portfolio. This portfolio includes a complete suite for test-based engineering, an integrated 3D simulation and analysis platform and a multi-disciplinary system performance simulation platform, complemented by Simcenter Engineering Services. Engineering Services supports customers throughout the product development cycle with its unique combination of engineering skills, development experience and process know-how, for key performance attributes of the vehicle, such as noise and vibration, ride and handling, durability, etc. The Simcenter Engineering Services RTD team develops methodologies and applications to answer future customer needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will coordinate and execute a tire NVH research project.
- You will hire and guide temporary researchers and students through technical activities in parallel to own research.
- You will identify other research areas of interest in the NVH domain in the Simcenter Engineering division in view of the division roadmap.
- You will contribute to the definition of research projects with internal/external partners.
- You will work cross functionally, interface with customer project engineers and other Siemens business segments to identify customer/industry needs as input for future research and to promote research results.
- You will present research results at scientific conferences and technical project meetings, represent the company at operational project meetings.
- Experience in modelling (finite elements) is a must, especially in the field of structural dynamics.
- Good theoretical knowledge and working simulation experience with applications involving basic structural dynamics.
- Experience with advanced structural dynamic topics (vibro-acoustics, non-linear dynamics, rotor-dynamics) is a strong asset.
Job ID: 117299
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time