As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
EY as a global firm has been very involved for several years in large international Audit Framework Contracts regarding the performance of audit and audit-related missions. Our Belgian firm coordinates and manages these Framework Contracts on behalf of the EY network worldwide.
We offer final year students the opportunity to join our Brussels-based international team, working on audit contracts auditing the finances of projects paid for by EU funds, making sure our taxes are spent correctly.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
With this breadth of service offerings you have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences, mentoring and formal learning to ensure our employee value proposition – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime – is a reality.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Perform and support with audit procedures for contracts of EU funded research & innovation projects;
- Check that expenses are in agreement with the grant agreements, including contracts, timesheets, travel expenses, subcontracting, indirect costs etc;
- Follow clearly defined guidelines and audit procedures;
- Work under the supervision of Audit Managers/Audit Senior Managers with 15+ years of audit experience.
To qualify for the role you must have
We recruit and develop interns with intellectual curiosity, strong analytical skills and creativity, and attention to detail that allow us to look beyond the numbers and help our clients to address complex problems. More concretely, we are looking for the following profiles:
- You are a last year master student in (Applied) Management, Economics, Business Engineering, Commercial Sciences, etc;
- You are available from (end of) January 2020 until at least the end of March 2019.
- Your university can provide an internship convention;
- You are fluent in Dutch and/or French and have an excellent written and spoken knowledge of English. Additional language skills (e.g. German, Polish, Swedish, Italian) are an asset.
- You are a born team player, critical, curious and results-oriented.
What working at EY offers
- You will be part of an international team (speaking different languages) of dynamic and experienced auditors who will guide you during your time with us, allowing you to experience what life as an auditor is like;
- You will receive specifically designed training when you start, and become a fully operational member of our team from day one;
- Where possible you will receive assistance and access to EY resources in order to help you write your thesis;
- The possibility to stay at EY (permanent contract) after a positive evaluation;
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service, without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a work-life balance;
- At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.