Technology Delivery and Business Support
Brussel Vlaams Brabant
IPG is the largest contact center in Belgium, with more than 25 years of experience in the treatment of client contacts in different languages, 24/7. A good customer service and sales organisation, composed of flexible employees who are qualified to redirect and confirm the image of a brand, product or service, is now more than ever a must. Thanks to our sites in Belgium, the Netherlands, France and Morocco, IPG is able to guarantee this expertise to his customers, on the local market as well as the international one. Choosing a career with IPG means choosing for an interesting, dynamic and varied job which offers new chances and challenges every day. You will be part of the fascinating world of multimedia, customer service, telco, ICT and contact centers, where customer is king and teamwork is the company philosophy. IPG is an equal opportunity company. We guarantee an objective selection procedure and recruit our employees (M/F) based on competences and skills. The group stimulates internal mobility and offers real growth opportunities in several professional domaines.
Objective of the function
IPG Belgium has two main in house data center locations and a distributed server and network infrastructure in several locations (Brussel, Diegem, Leuven, Hasselt, Antwerp, Liège, Drongen), all connected via the WAN.
The Expert Systems Engineer is responsible for managing the infrastructure and standard software in the IPG infrastructure (mainly Microsoft Windows based with some Linux), from design through implementation and support. He/she performs a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrade activities. The Senior Systems Engineer provides investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system hardware, software and infrastructure as part of the support role. As part of the Team Lead role, this person is responsible for the day-to-day functional coordination and planning of the Infrastructure & Network team activities and the related communication with the project managers for work packages that are part of project deliveries. He/she ensures the technical coaching of the team members.
- Part of the Business Support department
- N+2 CIO, reporting to the Support & Infrastructure Manager
- Infrastructure & Network team consists of the Team Lead/Expert Systems Engineer, 2 Systems Engineers, Network Engineer
- Team Lead of the infrastructure & network team, reporting to the Support & Infrastructure Manager.
- Manage the infrastructure, including switches, routing, firewalls, proxies, servers, databases and standard software (e.g. MS Office, O365, etc)
- Lead the systems design, testing and deployment
- Perform server hardware and software upgrades or replacements as part of the hardware lifecycle or BCP renewal plan
- Manage software packaging and distribution (SSCM)
- Maintain systems availability and performance, supported by pro-active systems monitoring
- Manage incidents versus SLA’s and other KPI’s
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems/incidents (reported by Service Level 1 or identified at Service Level 2)
- Part of on-call support after hours, in rotation scheme with the other Infrastructure team members
- Ensure documentation of internal procedures and handover to 1st line support (Support Services team)
- Manage the DRP and security architecture and solutions
- Coordination with external providers for delivery of defined work packages or maintenance
- Maintain systems licenses and external vendors
- Continuous improvement of infrastructure services
- Maintain the documentation of the infrastructure architecture and installed base
Education/Level of Experience
- Minimal IT bachelor level or comparable to master level based on experience
- At least 10 year of experience as Systems Engineer
- Windows Certification is a plus
- Driving license
Technical skills & experience
- Several years hands-on experience in managing and supporting large windows servers environments (Windows 2008 , 2012 , 2016)
- Good knowledge of Virtualization platforms : VMWARE, Hyper-V (ESX preferably)
- Experience with Azure (O365)
- Experience with Active Directory (GPO, …)
- Experience with Windows client OS 7 & 10
- Experience on using a deployment infrastructure (SCCM)
- Experience with MS SQL server (2008 – 2017)
- Knowledge of clustering and load balancing solutions
- Knowledge of TCP/IP arch.: DNS, DHCP, IP, TCP/UDP, subnetting, routing, Vlan
- Knowledge on one or more areas: DEll-EMC SAN, NetApp
- Several years hands-on experience in managing and supporting Linux servers
- Experience in security (firewall, proxy, reverse proxy, antivirus)
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- Experience with handling hardware/software vendors and external parties
- Nice to have: basic Knowledge of Cisco
- Junior leadership skills as Team Lead or in a similar role
- Good interpersonal skills, team player
- Good communication skills required to cooperate with the other team members and people from other teams.
- Solution oriented/client focused
- Good analytical skills/problem solving skills
- Pro-active person with great drive, transparency and integrity
- Flexible and stress resistant in a dynamic environment
- High motivation for quality, customer service and technological improvements
- Language: preferably Dutch with English knowledge, French is also ok if good English knowledge
- We offer a learning and dynamic work environment
- A multi-site and international company challenge
- Competitive salary with lots of extra-legal advantages (Insurances, meal vouchers, Company Car, etc.)
- 39h contract – 27 holidays on yearly bases
- Work location; mainly DIEGEM – but mobile function over the sites of IPG and K2E
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)
- Callcenter / Customer Service
- Rijbewijs nodig?
- Auto nodig?
- Motivatiebrief verplicht?