Data Management Analyst – Data Quality Officer
In the development of a "Next Generation Digital Banking Platform", ING renews its data management capabilities as a global cornerstone in the Unite transformation. We realize a well governed data lake that ensures data availability, common understanding of business terms, data quality is measured & issues are remediated, data is traceable and controlled in line with regulations : an ambitious implementation based on leading technology. We seek enthusiastic analysts with passion for data, knowledge and experience in data management to ensure that our new generation data lake is optimally aligned with business requirements and terminology. You work in a multidisciplinary team ('squad') with data management analysts & engineers in the Data Management tribe to deliver great business outcome.
ING Belgium and ING Netherlands have begun intensive cooperation. This means that you have many contacts with employees of the Data Management tribe within ING Belgium and the Netherlands, with other tribes and with ING Group colleagues.
Main Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work to continuously improve the data quality within ING Unite
Work closely with the data stewards and business to:
- Drive data quality improvements
- Align on DQ Assessment & Monitoring
- Maximize the effectiveness of DQ Issue Management
Support the business in key activities of the DQ lifecycle process:
- Definition of DQ rules
- Review DQ rules
- Implement and monitor DQ rules
- Remediation of DQ issues
- Define further improvements of Data Quality tools
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, such as BCBS239, GDPR, KYC, etc.
- Actively participate, promote and assist on DQ boards
- Provide input to Data Council meeting and other meetings as required by the CDO
- Contribute to the enhancement of ING’s data quality framework and policy, processes, and guidelines
- Contribute to discussions with business, architecture and IT teams to improve DQ coverage
- Provide training and workshops on DQ
- Coordinate and align activities with other Data Governance pillars
Personal & Business Requirements:
- Hands-on person with a “can do” mentality and you are not afraid to set up collaborations, make decisions, set priorities and put them into action in a dynamic environment;
- Critical thinker that is not afraid to challenge the business and move the organization to a new maturity level in data driven decision making;
- Experience with quickly learning about and familiarizing yourself with different business domains;
- Experience as a trusted advisor for DQ related questions (the “go-to data person”);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- Experience with working in an agile scrum environment; (nice to have)
- Ability to mentor/teach/explain DQ subject matter to colleagues;
- Good project / time management, and organizational skills;
- Good attention to details;
- Able to multi-task, and to work under pressure with conflicting deadlines;
- Ability to work in teams as well as work independently;
- Creativity; the ability to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions, to adopt points of view outside the usual parameters.
The ability to ask further with the ambition to deeply understand other perspectives and views in order to generate support.
- Able to speak fluent English (Dutch and French are a plus);
- Knowledge of Financial institutions and their regulatory requirements
We offer you
A brand new position in a bank empowering people to develop their skills and an exciting challenge for people with an entrepreneurial attitude.
The possibility to develop your skills thanks to the expertise of our international teams, and our knowledge sharing culture.