OPS Engineer PSS - Wholesale Banking
Your role & work environment
ING is looking for a seasoned OPS Engineer within the Wholesale Banking Tech BE pilar of the Payments and Settlement Services area, to help us build, improve and run our payment solutions.
Together with the team you will be responsible for building and running IT assets that will handle the message exchange between 45 ING entities worldwide and the rest of the world by means of the SWIFT network, reporting solutions and supporting other teams in the area with their operational activities and journey towards new technologies.
As an OPS Engineer you are an experienced senior engineer and you are seen by colleagues as a go-to person. You help set the standards within the chapter and take responsibility for developing, innovating and safeguarding knowledge in your field of expertise to deliver technical activities related to the continuous delivery of working services for the organization and its customers. You not only have a strong drive to constantly keep your own expertise up to speed, but also want to make an active contribution to the development and advancement of the people in your chapter, your area and your field of expertise. In doing so, you deliver and maintain IT applications and services in order to realize the organization's strategy in the field of information technology.
As such, amongst others, you
We look for
- Develop existing and new applications by analyzing and identifying areas for modification and improvement: you develop applications to meet customer requirements and deliver defined features, functionality or outcomes from a designated part of the development/engineering program, selecting the best available approach within established systems.
- Contribute to and maintain a roadmap to facilitate application software development and ensure the development work is prioritized in line with business requirements.
- Monitor, identify, and correct more complex software defects to maintain fully functioning applications software.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams to conceptualize products and services, leveraging data to drive original design ideas and decisions.
- Maintain and renew a deep knowledge and understanding of the organization's policies and procedures and
of relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct, and ensure own work adheres to required standards.
- You also identify, within the team, any patterns of non-compliance with the organization's policies and procedures, and with relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct, taking appropriate action to report and resolve these and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Discuss and recommend technical developments to improve quality of the software and supporting infrastructure to better meet users’ needs.
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast and continuously changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative and communicative person who listens to and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As an OPS Engineer you will also
- Work collaboratively with others and create partnerships to achieve common goals and meet shared objectives, while balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders. In doing so you adapt approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Apply knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals, share industry developments with the team and help them grasp business and industry fundamentals and how they contribute to this.
- Develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Maneuver comfortably through complex policy and process dynamics.
- Consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances, and hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments. You actively seek new ways to grow and be challenged.
- Know the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement. You learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Have an adaptive and make it happen mindset, great analytical skills and the ability to learn new (technical) concepts and skills fast.
- Are experienced in Agile / Scrum / DevOps methodologies.
- Have a proven track record of delivering and running commercial / enterprise scale distributed applications.
- Have an extensive level of experience with stacks, technologies and platforms like, amongst others, Oracle DB, IBM MQ, Kubernetes, Docker, RHEL, Elastic, NGINX, S3, Kafka and Azure DevOps.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the complete environment and performance tuning parameters of the entire stack of the solution, are able to correlate data that follows from monitoring it and know how to solve complex technical and security related challenges.
- Have an extensive understanding of and experience with automation, the concepts of continuous integration and delivery, IT Risk and cyber security, monitoring and alerting in an environment that requires scalability and reliability.
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the Wholesale Banking department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- IP-Reward benefit*: this function is eligible for compensation for the transfer of rights to intellectual property (hereafter: IP Reward) that is created when developing software and creating databases and models. This remuneration is included in the agreed salary and therefore has no impact on your gross salary, but will lead to a higher net income.*
- The possibility to attend conferences and to participate in courses and trainings.
- Challenging projects and steep learning curves in a time critical environment.
- The possibility to ‘do your thing’.
*Do you want more information about IP-Reward? Please contact the recruiter or consult .
We redefine banking. What about you?
We’re on a journey that’s centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that