Corporate Secretary Specialist
Contract of indefinite time , full time, Brussels
(Corporate Secretary Expert I - IV)
Your role & work environment
Your role is to assist ING Belgium and affiliated companies in fulfilling their corporate and regulatory obligations and governance. You will furthermore help ING Belgium to assure compliance with ING Group’s corporate and governance programs and policies.
You will be part of a small team of 3 colleagues, the Corporate Administration team, reporting to the Head of General Legal Affairs. Corporate Administration is part of the General Legal Affairs team at ING Belgium’s Legal Department.
Your key responsibilities
Support ING Belgium and affiliated companies in respecting corporate law requirements, including :
- Maintenance, drafting and review of legal corporate and governance documentation of ING Belgium
- legal support to business and lawyers working on corporate transactions
- corporate housekeeping in general (preparation, drafting and review of corporate legal documents, corporate filings and registrations, interaction with notaries, registries and regulators, drafting minutes of board meetings, committees and general assemblies, proxies, …)
- working in close collaboration with the different decision making bodies and the legal department to ensure that the corporate governance framework for the company is properly designed, implemented and maintained in line with the regulatory framework
- responsible for the revision, execution and follow-up of legal, statutory and regulatory documentation
- responding to the day-to-day queries with respect to ING Belgium and its’ subsidiaries corporate administration
- regulatory watch and implementation of new corporate & governance regulation
Assure compliance by ING BE with ING Group’s corporate programs and policies (proxies, equity participations, control legal entities, etc).
Plan, organise and participate (incl. minuting) to meetings of the corporate bodies of ING Belgium and affiliated companies, and liaise directly with all relevant stakeholders (exco & board members, legal colleagues, COE Communications, Finance, other ING Group entities, participation owners within the business, …) :
- Planning : prepare the agenda taking into account requests and business priorities, in close cooperation with the chair of the board of directors, the chair of the executive committee and other board members and fully aligned with the agenda and meetings of the Board of Directors and committees;
- Organise smooth & efficient meetings, assist to the meetings and draft clear and actionable minutes in line with legal requirements;
- Dispatch and coordinate follow up actions.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative and stress resistant person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Corporate Secretary Specialist you will also need:
- specific corporate (para)legal knowledge and background, or solid practical experience with regard to bank governance and company law
- a master or bachelor degree (or equivalent by experience), in a (para)legal domain offering general knowledge and understanding of the relevant business and corporate legal environment of ING Belgium
- a relevant professional experience in a law or notary firm, a public authority or an in-house legal department
- specific corporate (para)legal knowledge and background and solid practical experience with regard to bank governance is considered an asset
- eager to learn and understand the organisation, its strategy, structure, processes, operations and vision
- excellent language skills both written and spoken in English, French and Dutch
- a standing experience in assisting senior management in a high level, fast paced (para)legal support role
- strong in analysis, planning & organisation skills, with a pragmatic no nonsense approach and a strong administrative background
- to be trustworthy, ensuring absolute discretion
- to be assertive and proactive and to enjoy to work in an extremely high demand and high standards environment, to be extremely accurate and detailed
- outstanding oraanisation and communication skills - written (minutes, reports etc. ), face to face or by phone
- to be a real team player always ready to assist, help and provide support to others,
- to be willing to go the extra mile, and to take things on to make them happen !
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
- Work closely with inspiring, supportive and engaged colleagues and stakeholders in an international environment
- Join a learning and development environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing and training.
Furthermore, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth, with the possibility to work closely to the top management of ING Belgium, in close collaboration with all relevant internal and external stakeholders, and with continued support of the Legal Department and the Corporate Administration team colleagues.
We work on challenging projects allowing you to practice your talents and further develop your skills.