Your role & work environment
Position is open as Feature Engineer IT Integrator / Blue-Print Expert for Customer Data with potential to become chapter lead. You will start by shadowing more experienced feature engineers in the domain of customer data (BCSI/OnePAM) and help them in capturing the knowledge to ensure long term sustainability and business continuity of the domain.
As Feature Engineer you act as the linking pin between IT and Business stakeholders to drive complex changes within and across Tribes in a complex application landscape.
Your holistic view as well as your capabilities to translate the ‘what’ into the ‘how’ enables you to translate business epics into features and user stories that deliver working IT solutions.
You define and align roadmaps between squads – from same or different Tribes – and other parts of the organization while thoroughly managing dependencies.
Your success is not based on your hierarchical position, but based on your strong communication and collaboration skills, your results delivered, your extensive knowledge of current and future state which results in added value for ING and for the teams you work with.
Translate business requirements into features and stories by using IT & Business knowledge
- You have a good understanding of the business domain and processes as well as the underlying architectural model.
- You translate new product / service needs into IT solutions and recognize business opportunities coming from new technology solutions.
- You think and act in both a local and global application context.
- Together with relevant stakeholders (Architects, Epic Owners, (Central) Product Owners), you breakdown epics into features.
- You assign the features (and underlying user stories) to the relevant squads and lead the accurate feature definition and estimation. You clarify the definition of done together with the product owner(s).
- You highlight correlation and dependencies between squads within a tribe or across tribes, but also other parts of the organization (e.g.: Center of Expertise).
- Translating the what into the how
- You’re able to easily find your way in a complex application landscape, understanding dependencies between applications.
- You collaborate closely and across tribes with relevant stakeholders to assess the impact of changes for applications which are at the very heart of the bank.
- You build and use a network to take well informed decisions on changes which will have impact within a multi tribe context.
Ensure feature delivery (Planning, coordination, dependencies management)
- From a strategic business & IT context you deliver detailed implementation roadmaps. You can slice and refine these roadmaps until the level of concrete user stories. You manage the size and complexity of features to stories in refinement and planning sessions.
- You are and feel responsible for the end-to-end integration and realization of the work across squads and/or tribes.
- You own the planning, oversee sprints, align / coordinate the work across the whole chain and inspire individuals and teams creating lasting synergy.
- You identify (and manage) risks and potential issues and offer improvements across tribes.
- You identify (and manage) dependencies for features and epics across different tribes. You know where to find the teams that help the total chain be successful.
- You report on progress, value delivery, financials… and make escalations when necessary.
Make things happen by installing a close collaboration climate
- You are comfortable to collaborate cross tribe and beyond functional borders, serving as liaison when needed. You easily connect and align stakeholders within all levels of the ING organization, from CIO to IT engineer and from Business Tribe Lead to end users.
- You positively influence Business and IT strategies locally or at Group level.
- You identify, manage and closely interact with (cross) tribe stakeholders for collaboration or to solve impediments.
- You keep business and IT knowledge up to date and keep track of relevant trends and outlooks.
- You demonstrate understanding of IT concepts and have significant knowledge of the IT landscape and (new) technologies for your domain. More specifically, you understand the principles of Continuous Delivery and are able to translate these in your work.
- You follow the market and know what is going on both inside and outside ING. From your understanding of the latest developments in the Business and Technology, you propose structural improvements aimed at moving your domain, chains, and applications closer to target solutions to offer an industry-leading customer experience.
Optional: Chapter lead role
- Leads a chapter, sets the standards for the chapter area and takes responsibility for developing, innovating and safeguarding knowledge in the field of expertise. Develops and leads people to meet both their individual goals, career goals, organization's goals
- Work on attracting, shortlisting, selecting, and appointing suitable candidates for mid-level jobs (either permanent or temporary) within an organization. Ensure the hiring and integrating of the new employees to the organization.
- Experience of planning and managing resources to deliver predetermined objectives as specified by more senior managers (Over 3 years to 6 year
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Feature engineer you will also need:
State the minimum qualifications and competences required to successfully perform the job.
- Master degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Excellent communication skills , being able to capture business requirements and translate them into a future proof design within an existing or future technical framework
- Good working knowledge of agile development lifecycle and practical experience
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the [department name] department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
A hybrid way of working
- We give the autonomy to our employees to let them organize their work in a flexible way that suits best for them while ensuring business continuity, customer service and employee wellbeing.
- The possibility to participate in courses and trainings
- Challenging projects & a steep learning curve
- Personal coaching from your peers
We redefine banking. What about you?
We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that