Chapter Lead Documentum for Document & Content Services
Your role & work environment
You are an energetic Chapter Lead who combines knowledge of IT software development with people management and organisational skills.
You will spend time building up expertise in you; chapter and developing/coaching your chapter members. The chapter consists of approximately 10 to 20 people. Next to that, we are looking for an experienced Engineer who will work approximately half of his/her time in one of the Document Management delivery squads.
You will be working in the “IT Area Document Management & CREFS”, within the Tech BE Customer & Data domain and the tribe Document and Content Services (D&CS) in Belgium.
The location is the Brussels Office of ING at Court Saint Michel/Marnix. Regular travel towards The Netherlands will be part of this role as D&CS is a cross border tribe.
- Spends approximately half of the time working as a development engineer in his/her squad.
- Has an up-to-date vision regarding IT expertise and keeps abreast of developments.
- Stays one step ahead in the domains of Document Management, IT Infrastructure and/or IT Operations and/or Test automation and applies learnings in the specific context.
- Helps build best practices around the usage and maintenance of Documentum.
- Organises regular meetings to share relevant insights/developments with chapter members, and to work together on craftsmanship.
People and Chapter management
- Encourages chapter members to develop themselves and facilitates this (e.g. providing training opportunities).
- Provides coaching both in terms of professional and personal development.
- Is responsible for the personal development and evaluation of the chapter members.
- Identifies top performance and acts rapidly on underperformance.
- Supports talent acquisition and retention management activities (e.g. interview applicants)
- Discusses resource planning for squads and chapter with the IT Area Lead and other stakeholders like the Product Owners.
Creating and safeguarding the 'new' culture
- Has an active role in embedding the Agile way of working.
- Functions as an ambassador for cultural change and advocates the 'organisation doing' principles rather than ‘organisational talking’ ones.
- Puts in place a culture of self-development and high performing teams.
We look for
A person with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
- Inspires and exudes energy and passion.
- Is focused on collaboration
- Actively seeks help and feedback, is not afraid to give feedback either.
- Is curious and always looks out for innovation opportunities in his/her focus area.
- Can proactively detect development needs and/or monitoring requirements and/or release/test automation opportunities
- Is eager and capable of further extending his/ her knowledge for all of the aforementioned domains related to IT developments.
- Has deep knowledge and experience with Documentum
- Has already worked several years in IT projects with Agile methodology.
- Has ideally experience in Continuous Delivery Practices (Azure DevOps)
- The IT Chapter Lead is at least a competent Engineer and has the education / professional certifications required for this function.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent level of English
- The ability to display style flexibility / situational leadership to teams and adapt plan, approach and behavior to the different needs and situation
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
A hybrid way of working
- We give the autonomy to our employees to let them organise their work in a flexible way that suits best for them while ensuring business continuity, customer service and employee wellbeing.
Furthermore, within Document & Content Services, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- the possibility to develop your skills in a complex and challenging environment
- a multi-cultural team with whom you can exchange and learn
- personal coaching from your Chapter Lead and peers
We redefine banking. What about you?
We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that