Safe Business Officer ING Commercial Finance
Employee | ING Lease | Experienced | Belgium | Brussels |
Your role and work environment
You become one of the two safe business advisors within ING Lease Belgium, focusing on the commercial finance area. ING Commercial Finance is part of ING Lease Belgium and offers factoring services to existing Midcorp and Corporate clients of ING Belgium. It has realized an impressive growth over the past 10 years, reinventing itself several times to always stay ahead of market evolutions and client expectations.
You foster “safe business” awareness to ensure that risks of Commercial Finance are under control. This entails that you guide the business in managing proactively the full risk process from identification to mitigation. You help them to keep the number of non-financial risk items within the defined limits. You contribute to the integrity of ING products, services and employees and compliance of ING towards the outside world.
You are an employee of ING Lease Belgium, with a functional line to the CoE Safe Business & Regulatory Affairs of ING.
Your key responsibilities
- create and maintain risk awareness by assessing the need for specific 1st line training to employees; foster a risk culture
- identify risk items in collaboration with stakeholders, based upon business knowledge of the end-to-end business processes ; provide evidence, document the risks and report; be actively involved in discussions with regards to e.g. risk acceptance and actions how to mitigate the risk items
- be the gatekeeper for the approval process of new & modified products & processes (PARP)
- provide analysis (gap analysis, scenario analysis, major incident – impact analysis)
- advise and assist with the implementation of new and updated non-financial risk policies, procedures and measures
- provide monthly progress report on implementation of actions, closure of risk item (including challenging and validation of evidences, technical closure in iRisk), CAS items 2LOD consulted for actions, execute follow-up on registration and execution
- provide monthly progress report on implementation of actions, closure of risk item (including challenging and validation of evidences, technical closure in iRisk), CAS items, execute follow-up on registration and execution
- be the key contact with 2LoD, obtain advice on closure of risk items and risk logs, discuss the local implementation of policies and guidelines
- follow-up on risk activities of commercial finance
- monitor the quality of the Enterprise Risk Management framework: by identifying key risks, performing and evidencing key control testing to eliminate the risk of financial losses or reputational damage
- regularly evaluate the efficiency of our control processes in order to implement mechanisms that balance risk exposure and cost of control.
- provide adequate advice to ad hoc requests from stakeholders across the organization
As a safe business officer you should have the following skills
- analytical and able to translate complex issues into practical recommendations
- organizational sensitivity
- able to look at things from different angles
- ambition to continuously anticipate and adapt to the changing environment
- self-motivated and self-starter
- impactful communication skills
- stakeholdermanagement skills
You will also need
- an experience of minimum 3 to 5 years in banking, leasing or risk management
- any factoring experience would be an asset
- excellent oral and written skills in Dutch, French and English
- a good knowledge of non-financial risk frameworks
What we offer you
- We offer diverse work with many opportunities to realise your ambitions.
- We foster the orange behaviour “help others to be successful”; we create an informal and dynamic environment.
- We encourage personal growth and give you the possibility to develop your skills; we build an knowledge sharing culture and ensure to strengthen the expertise of the team.