Sector Banker Transport & Logistics – Business Banking - National
Technical data function
Work Location: Lange Gasthuisstraat 20, Antwerpen (Possibility of 50% home working on team agreement)
Work Schedule: 37 uur fix between 08.00-18.00
Sensitive Function: No
PCP Function: Yes (Certificate Law Cauwenberghs/ Law Willems/ Law Vande Lanotte)
Representation costs: Yes
Manager: Stephanie Sluyts
Your role & work environment
The Sector banker Transport & Logistics is responsible for the positioning of ING Belgium on a national level and for the total P&L of the segment Transport & Logistics within the Business Banking environment.
You will be reporting to the Head of Business Banking Region East and will have a functional line towards the complete sales network of Relationship bankers and SME bankers actively working on client portfolios in the Transport & Logistics sector.
Define the commercial strategy for the T&L sector and ensure the sector’s profitability
- You define the commercial strategy for the segment in close cooperation with different internal stakeholders (Risk, marketing and communication, product lines etc)
- You translate the commercial strategy into concrete action plans in order to reach the objectives (sector approach, optimization of the sales network combining local proximity with a strong specialization at national level when relevant, business development plans, internal synergies, …. )
- You are in the lead of setting the adequate product range (if necessary) taking the specificity of the segment into consideration
- You make sure that the necessary developments happen for your designed sales processes, and that every project, process or service with an impact on the Transport & Logistics sector, takes the sector’s specificities into account
- You are involved in the development and execution of the marketing approach towards the Transport & Logistics sector (segmentation, profiling, campaigns)
- You define the pricing strategy for the Transport & Logistics sector, with a focus on improving Return on Equity
- You are responsible for the specific sector credit policy, and the adequately monitoring of the lending policy and product sales.
- You are responsible for the management of all financial and non-financial risks for the segment and will support herein the bankers and credit deciders in the credit committee, if applicable providing a sector based advice/nihil obstat on all required mandate levels.
People Management, training and guidance
- You demonstrate strong leadership & management skills, based on a proven track record in building, empowering and engaging high performing teams
- You will set the example and are good at giving feedback and creating development opportunities
- You support the sales network of Relationship bankers and SME bankers by providing training and guidance, setting the commercial objectives and implementing KPIs
- You are the point of contact and have end responsibility with regards to the business plan & action plans for the Transport & Logistics sector
Representing Business Banking Transport & Logistics both internally and externally
- You make sure all internal stakeholders are informed on the segment’s strategy and take the lead in getting the right resources to realize your plans (HR, IT, Projects & Change budgets,…).
- You are involved in the relationship with top clients, and are the face of ING Belgium within the sector by being present on important conferences and network events in the sector.
- You build and maintain relationships with important players and stakeholders within the sector, having an extensive network of contacts at all levels.
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Sector Banker Transport & Logistics you will also need:
- 10 years banking experience, with minimum 5 years in Midcorporate/ business banking segment
- Experience in credit risk management : have the knowledge & experience to develop/monitor credit policy for the segment, to take credit decisions and to manage the quality of the credit portfolio of his/her segment in close cooperation with CRM department, balance sheet impact analysis;
- Knowledge and experience to make sure all compliance rules/processes are respected for his/her segment
- Experience in people management with broad scope
- A drive for results & entrepreneurs, energy and positive attitude, as well as integrity
- Knowledge / Experience / Affinity with the sector of Transportation & Logistics – its stakeholders and its needs
- Broad network on C level with key players in the Transportation & Logistics sector
- Knowledge of bank & insurance Products , Services and Processes
- Proven track record in management skills and client acquisition
- Active knowledge of Dutch-French-English
- University degree or equal by experience
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with a wide range of opportunities to realize your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors’
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
A hybrid way of working
- We give the autonomy to our employees to let them organize their work in a flexible way that suits best for them while ensuring business continuity, customer service and employee wellbeing.
Furthermore, within the Business Banking Sales Region East, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- Being part of the management team
- Participating in setting out the Business Banking strategy for your segment
- Being part of challenging projects with high top management visibility
- Support in developing your future career, both within and outside of Business Banking
We redefine banking. What about you?
We’re on a journey that’s centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!