Capgemini is committed to helping you achieve your potential. Together, we’ll determine the career path that will take you as far as you want to go. At Capgemini, you have the opportunity to benefit from merit-based promotion, make important contacts, build your knowledge base and contribute to a global team that acts with passion, commitment and integrity. There are different kinds of opportunities available to you in our Outsourcing, Technology or Consulting discipline and the major industries we serve.
Play a role in the team. Use your insight and intellect to influence and lead. Capgemini offers you the freedom to be outstanding.
Capgemini is looking for Java software engineers and architects, with experience in developing business-critical applications.
You will support our customers in analyzing, designing, implementing and testing Java solutions in national and international organizations.
In collaboration with your Project Manager, you will be responsible for the quality of the solution you develop.
As a Java consultant, you will manage the scope and quality of your own development activity, coach other engineers on challenging missions or assume responsibility over a team of developers while remaining responsible of the overall integration of the solution.
- Perform developments according to specifications
- Support the Technical leader during the estimation process
- Be accountable for timely and qualitative delivery
- Commit to deliver developments according to agreed planning and budget
- Provide technical recommendations in case in non SLA Compliancy, problem mgt
- Solve production issues according to SLA
- Participate to the release/project launches
- Identify and report risks related to his tasks and propose mitigation actions
- Assess the required effort for a code change
In addition for the Architect role:
- Lead the development team (planning, risks, task allocation, …)
- Perform impact analysis and commit for accurate development estimations
- Make recommendations for technical evolutions of the domain
- Ensure correct implementations of recommendations resulting from technical audits
- Optimize the technical knowledge of the team
- Recommend adequate trainings/certifications for team members
- Lead technical assessment of projects
- Provide technical recommendations and solve complex issues
- Be the client facing person for all technical and conceptual discussions
- Identify and report risks related to the team domain of activities and propose mitigation actions
Desired Skills & Experience
- Master degree or equivalent through relevant experience
- Some experience in software engineering and development, preferably with graphical applications
- General best practices and design patterns
- Java 1.5 or above
- Java EE 5 or above
- Spring 2.5 or above
- Struts or Spring MVC and Spring Webflow
- Hibernate 3.2 or above / JPA
- JUnit, DBUnit is a plus
- Knowledge of a mocking framework is an asset
- Ant and/or Maven
- SOA Basics and Web services
- XML/XSD Basics
- Basic knowledge of application servers
- Source control management basics
- Good knowledge of PL/SQL is a plus
- Methodologies: RUP, SCRUM, Agile, Application Design, Development life cycle
- Oracle Java certification is an asset.
- Team player
- Active listening and comprehension
- Customer oriented
- Qualitative result driven
- Pro-active and assertive (do not hesitate to flag issues and concerns)
- Accurate, reliable, assertive, responsible and proud
- Able to cope with stress
In addition for the Architect role:
- People manager in heart
- Able to keep the overall view and to dig easily into details when needed
Languages and mobility
- Resident in Belgium
- Fluent in French and/or Dutch and English
- Geographic mobility - you must be ready to accept assignments anywhere in Belgium, and potentially abroad
- A unique environment for your personal development
- A career where high performance is rewarded and where freedom, industrialization, innovation and trust are in the spotlight
- Working with other Java addicts and customers in challenging and complex Java missions in Belgium and abroad
- Wide range of training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary package
- ICT / IT / Programmeur
- Rijbewijs nodig?
- Auto nodig?
- Motivatiebrief verplicht?