Capgemini provides end to end outsourcing services ranking from production incident resolution to functional evolution scoping from small evolutions to large projects. And this, through technical evolutions/transformations.
In this context, we are looking for a .Net technical lead.
Direct report to the Engagement Manager & Technical mentor in the team we expect the technical lead to:
- Lead the development team (including off shore team)
- Be accountable for the timely & qualitative delivery from the team
- Perform impact analysis and commit for accurate development estimations in support to the functional.
- Contribute to resource capacity plan
- Make recommendations for technical evolutions of the domain (transformation from old to new Microsoft technologies)
- Ensure correct implementations of recommendations resulting from technical audits
- Optimize the technical knowledge of the team .
- Recommend adequate trainings/certifications.
- Implement development methodologies/workflow aiming at improving the quality & productivity of deliverables
- Lead release management
- Lead technical assessment of new projects impacting the domain and contribute to the build to run transition
- Provide technical recommendations in case in non SLA Compliancy, problem mgt
- Solve production issues requiring expertise due to complexity or when required due to team workload.
- Lead technical resolution of problems
- VB.NET 4.0 (and VB.NET CF 3.5 for 1 application), Mainly ASP.NET
- Running on Windows Server 2008 R2 IIS 7.0
- Backend systems:
- SQL Server 2012 (preferred)
- Oracle Database v11
- IBM DB2 v11
- Mostly ADO.NET, some ORM (Entity Framework)
- Job scheduling software = ActiveBatch which can run one of the following
- Compiled .NET code (dll) (preferred)
- Batch files
- Powershell scripts
- 3rd party components such as:
- Telerik for improved web controls
- CrystalReports for reporting
- TallComponents for PDF functionality
- Mailbee for mailing functionality
- Xceed for SFTP functionality
- Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate/Professional
- Team Foundation Server as version control tool
- MS SQL Server Management Studio for MS SQL DB’s
- Oracle SQL developer for Oracle DB’s
- WinSQL Lite for DB2 DB’s
- Squirrel for Oracle RDB DB’s
- ActiveBatch Admin Tool for managing batch jobs
- FileZilla (moving to WS_FTP) as FTP client
- Sparx’ Enterprise Architect for documentation
- SharePoint 2013 as collaboration platform and document management tool
Responsibilities & competences
- Incident management (resolve incidents)
- Problem management (investigate problems)
- Change management (implement changes)
- Fluent communication in English and Dutch